Our school is a well ordered community with an ethos which values hard work and examination success. We aim to keep students focused upon the tasks of understanding and learning so as to achieve the potential of individuals in every area of education. We aim to minimise the distractions to this ethos caused by fashion, fads and trends. We believe that our students should wear a definitive school uniform. The purpose of such a uniform is:
- Neatherd identity.
- Ease of recognition.
- Avoidance of fashion trends.
- Avoidance of stigma.
- Avoidance of controversy.
- Avoidance of offensive statements (as covered in the Equality Act).
- Maintenance of good order and personal safety.
In the same manner, a student’s appearance should satisfy the above points. Above all else we look for reasonableness and pride in our school. We have a gender neutral school uniform; students may wear any combination detailed below.
Full uniform is expected and must be worn at all times.
Birds of Dereham are suppliers of our school uniform.
From September through until the Easter holidays full uniform is expected and must be worn at all times. We have a gender free uniform at Neatherd, students must wear from the following items:
- The school blazer
- A pale blue, button up to the neck, blouse/shirt (not denim), suitable to be tucked in
- A school tie which must have six stripes showing
- The school navy jumper or cardigan with embroidered Neatherd Shield (optional but does not replace the school blazer)
- Plain socks, navy blue, dark grey or black with NO logo’s
- Black or brown shoes (backless shoes are not permitted, along with plimsolls, canvas, sandals and Ugg style boots)
- Either a plain navy or black tailored knee length skirt. Please ask Bird’s to check for skirt length and add Neatherd emblem badge
- Plain navy, charcoal or black full length trousers that touch the top of the foot (socks should not be visible)
- Either thick dark tights or flesh coloured sheer tights, or appropriate socks
- NO figure hugging, tight, skinny trousers, skirts or leggings.
- A plain, coat or anorak may only be worn outside the buildings.
- Plain, formal scarves may also be worn outside BUT only with a plain coat. They are not allowed to be worn instead of a coat.
- Hooded tops and other sweatshirts are not acceptable and will be confiscated if worn.
- Trainers should only be worn for sport, or activities on the tennis courts during break and lunchtimes and are not to be worn in school.
- No jewellery is allowed except one small stud earring in each earlobe, a light chain, or one plain ring. Nasal, tongue or other forms of facial or body piercing (including retainers) are forbidden.
After the Easter holiday, a pale blue button t-shirt with the Neatherd school shield on it in red may be worn in place of the shirt and tie. If students are cold, a blazer (and NOT another kind of jacket or sweatshirt) should be worn over the school polo shirt. Alternatively, students are free to continue wearing full winter uniform.
School Uniform and Personal Appearance Code
Full school uniform will be worn at all times unless permission is given for alternative arrangements. In particular, the following are forbidden:
- Badges or logos with overt political, racial or offensive comments or messages
- Hairstyles, hair colours or facial hair likely to deemed to be inappropriate by the Headteacher, or which cause a lack of focus from students' learning
- Hooded tops and other sweatshirts
- Skinny trousers, tight fitting/stretchy skirts and leggings
- Makeup deemed to be excessive by the Headteacher and staff
- Nail varnish and false nails
- NO bracelets to be worn
- Jean style trousers
- Denim jackets (any colour)
- NO white socks
- Small trainer style and sports socks, except for during PE lessons
Physical Education Kit
- Neatherd High School PE shirt
- Shorts - PLAIN navy (small logos are okay)
- Reversible rugby shirt (Boys and Girls) - Navy with red flashes (Please buy size large enough so layers of clothing can be worn underneath in cold weather) this can be worn as a sweatshirt
- Knee-length sports socks - PLAIN navy
- Ankle socks - white
- Outdoor studded boots – plastic or moulded studs or Astro-turf trainers
- Training shoes (clean - for indoor use)
- PLAIN Navy jogging bottoms (small logos are okay)
- Sweatshirt (round neck) - PLAIN Navy (no hooded tops), as an additional item to the compulsory rugby shirt
- Skins/base layers are excellent for under the uniform (must be navy blue if going to be visible)
- Neatherd High School knitted beanie hat
- Neatherd High School sports soft shell jacket
- All Year 7 students require a swimming costume (any colour)
- Jewellery must be removed for all PE lessons
- Skorts are not permitted to be worn