We want all of our pupils to feel safe and happy and we have a strong team to help and support pupils throughout their time at Neatherd. We know that pupils can only perform to their best when they feel well, safe and amongst friends.
The Form Tutor is the first port of call for students if they have issues in school – be it around organisation, friendship or academic progress.
We have three Directors, supported by five pupil support officers, who oversee the academic and social progress of the pupils.
A vital part of our work and encouragement of pupils is the reward system. Rewards are given when students achieve in any area of school life, including behaviour, attendance, academic, sporting, artistic and active citizenship.
Our senior pupils are also part of our student development team. They help the school run smoothly in many ways including helping younger students. The School Council is a visible force in the school; overseeing duties and charity events as well as working with the leadership team by providing an important point of view in the school...that of the pupils.
Pupils have one form period a day with their tutor and regular assemblies which help create a school community with a positive ethos founded on respect and responsibility. The tutor programme supports our school values Compassion, Hard work, Respect, Integrity and Fairness.
At Neatherd we believe that all pupil success should be celebrated. Staff are encouraged to regularly praise and reward pupils when they achieve in any area of the school community including behaviour, attendance, academia, sport, art and active citizenship.
All rewards are recorded electronically on your son/daughter's profile. Here are some examples of what they can be awarded:
- House Points for positive contributions in lessons
- Postcard of Congratulations for good work in a particular subject area
- Golden Tickets for stand out conduct in a lesson
- Bronze, Silver and Gold House Point Certificates and Badges
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance
- Certificate for Attendance (100% over the whole term)
- Raffle Assemblies held half-termly where pupils who have received rewards are eligible for vouchers if their name is selected
- All year groups have an end of year Prize Giving Presentation which parents may be invited to attend
- Colours/Half Colours - awarded to any student in any sport deemed to be worthy
- Reward Events
- Letters of congratulations following reports
- Success Shop online where house points can be exchanged for stationary, vouchers and equipment
- Inter-House Competitions
Whenever appropriate, we encourage positive behaviour and achievement to be publicly acknowledged through tutor time, assemblies, via social media and parent newsletters. You will at times be contacted via letter or phone and invited in to assemblies, in order to join with us in celebrating success.
Who to contact
Please ask for the following person via reception:
A setting or single subject issue: The Subject Leader (relevant) Department
A day to day issue: Director or their pupil support Officer
- Mrs R Jacobs (Year 7)
- Mr C Daniels (Years 8&9)
- Mr J Cannon (Years 10&11)
An exclusion or a serious behaviour issue: Mrs R Jacobs
A safeguarding concern or safety issue in school: Mr N O’Brien