Local Academy Board (LAB) of Dereham Neatherd High School
The constitution for Neatherd’s LAB provides for:
- a) The headteacher or deputy headteacher
- b) At least two parent representatives
- c) One staff representative
- d) A maximum of three co-opted representatives
Current members of the LAB are:
- Alex Bucher - Co-opted Governor (Chair)
- Chris Smith - Deputy Headteacher
- Vivek Sharma - Co-opted Governor
- Nicki Gogle - Parent Governor (Vice- Chair)
- Julie Tyler - Parent Governor
- Pat Pedlow – Parent Governor
- Faye LeBon – Co-opted Governor
- Craig Daniels - Staff Governor
A skills audit will be completed on a regular basis and further representatives will be appointed (or, in the case of parent representatives, elected if there is more than one candidate for each position) to ensure that the LAB covers the full set of skills required for effective governance.
Members of the LAB are appointed or elected for a period of four years. They may then be re-appointed or re-elected for one further term of office, giving a maximum of eight years in total.
All representatives are required to disclose any interests they may have which could relate to their role as a member of the LAB. A list of disclosures and interests can be found here.
LAB members are bound by the NGA Code of Conduct and the conventions established in the Nolan Committee’s “Seven Principles of Public Life”.
The Scheme of Delegation, outlining the LAB’s remit and responsibilities, can be found here.
Neatherd’s “School Funding Agreement” with the Department for Education can be found here.
The attendance of LAB Governors for the period 2017 - 2018 can be found here.
The schedule of meeting dates (2018 - 2019) can be found here.
If you would like to contact the Trustees or members of the Local Academy Board, please email helen_dasilva@neatherd,org.