A signed version of the Home/School Agreement can be found in each Student Planner. It contains the following information....
• Support my/our child and the school in all learning opportunities by communicating effectively with both the school and my/our child.
• Support the school’s sanctions and policies (as detailed on the school website www.neatherd.info) relating to appropriate behaviour, uniform and use of ICT.
• Ensure that my/our child attends school regularly and on time.
• Ensure that my/our child is properly equipped and dressed in accordance with the school uniform policy.
• Contact the school office with a reason for absence as early as possible on the morning of each day of absence unless/until a definite date for return is given.
• Support my/our child in completing homework to the best of his/her ability, and check and sign his/her planner on a weekly basis.
Dereham Neatherd High School
• Keep parents/carers fully informed about the student’s school life and academic progress.
• Contact parents/carers on the first day of any absence where no explanation has been received or when the student is late to school.
• Enforce the school’s sanctions and policies (as detailed on the school website www.neatherd.info) relating to appropriate behaviour, uniform and use of ICT.
• Set homework and mark in accordance with the student’s homework timetable, check the student is using his/her planner correctly.
• Provide feedback on work identifying next steps for improvement as appropriate.
• Invite parents/carers and the student to discussions leading to decisions about his/her future and progress.
• Notify and celebrate success whenever appropriate.
• Enforce the school uniform policy.
• Let my parent[s]/carer[s] and the school know if I have any concerns or problems.
• Be punctual and attend school regularly.
• Be properly equipped, smart and correctly dressed in line with the school uniform policy.
• Obey the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour, uniform and use of ICT as described on the school website (www.neatherd.info).
• Record homework in my planner and complete homework on time and to the best of my ability.