The business studies department is keen to develop links with local businesses. There are clear benefits to the students current studies and for their future careers. The aim is to:
- Provide students with real life case studies
- Change the environment in which students are learning
- Gain a “real” life understanding of business
- Give students an opportunity to identify future careers and make links with potential employers
- Ensure the subject is dynamic as possible
We are working hard to develop more links but at present we have:
Larking and Gowen
A major regional independent partnership and one of the UK’s top 50 chartered accountancy firms. They kindly supported the Stock Market Challenge which is delivered to year 10 students. Their website address is:
Situated in the heart of Norfolk, in the busy market town of Dereham, Birds Sport and Outdoor is a family owned store offering sports clothing, footwear and equipment, outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment and schoolwear. Neatherd Enterprises (a social enterprise company formed by the year 10’s) were grateful that Birds were able to supply us with leavers hoodies for the first time in 2010.
BP created an excellent trading game which teaches students about key business concepts, whilst applying mathematical skills. The game is applied learning and enterprise and its best and we are grateful for BP in delivering such an excellent programme.